Job Title – Driver
Reference number: Rec/ 007/21
Closing Date: 12/12/2021
Location: Bahir Dar Project Office
Employment Type: Regular – Fixed term
Salary: As per the organization scale
Cordaid is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines expertise in humanitarian aid and development cooperation to realize structural poverty eradication. Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. Cordaid’s work focuses is on the value of every human being and the solidarity to provide a dignified existence for everyone. Cordaid has been operating since 2006 in Ethiopia. Cordaid Ethiopia is now recruiting a Driver.
Purpose of the position
The Driver will be responsible to drive Cordaid Ethiopia vehicles within the programme area as well as outside to the programme’s staff as required. The Driver is responsible for keeping the vehicle assigned clean, drives safely as per the organization instruction and treats passengers properly.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Drive Cordaid Ethiopia vehicles to give service to Cordaid staff as required and given schedule by the Supervisor:
- Deliver Cordaid messages to different Organizations, Ministries, and Companies etc.
- Always carry out basic security checks on the vehicles that he/she uses before starting to drive and at the end of the day. (Tyre pressure/condition, battery water, fuel & oil levels, radiator water etc.);
- Ensure the vehicle meets the maintenance schedule and should inform to immediate supervisor
- Maintain neat & accurate record of all journeys in the Daily Vehicle Record Sheet.
- Carry out the daily vehicle check and inventory.
- Report immediately any damage or accident to the immediate supervisor following correct procedures in the case of the accident, incident, or complaints
- Ensure the car is kept clean and tidy always.
- Assist the expatriate staff in translation/interpretation as requested by the required staff.
- Ensure that the vehicle is only used for Cordaid approved purposes.
- Keep and respect Cordaid driving regulation as per the Cordaid procedure.
- Respect traffic regulation as per the Road Transport and Traffic regulation.
- Responsible for the collection, storage, transport and final delivery of all goods in his/her vehicle.
- Ensure every passenger wear Safety Belt before start driving the vehicle.
- Avoid using mobile phones when driving Cordaid vehicles at any time & place.
- Familiarize self to the organizations Gender and Child Protection issues and apply as per area of responsibility.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor
Qualifications and experience required
- 12th Grade complete with basic technical knowledge;
- A minimum of four years’ experience;
- A minimum of Grade three valid driving licenses.
Key qualities, Skills and Competences
- Good knowledge of English and fluent in Amharic language
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations.
- Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate;
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences
- Good knowledge and skill in Auto Mechanics
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following
email [email protected]. The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications submitted cannot be returned. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.