Closing Date: 25-May-23
Location: Addis Ababa
Employment Type: Regular – Fixed term
Salary: As per the organization scale
Reference number: Rec/008/23
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
Purpose of the position
Maintain and manage Cordaid Ethiopia’s computer network, software and hardware, and ensures effective functioning and consistent efficiency of the cloud IT systems.
Cordaid works with Windows 10 laptops in an Office365 environment. Cordaid worldwide is using Office 365 suite and this includes Microsoft Dynamics, PowerBI, SharePoint. Our wireless network is based on Cisco technology. A fibre connection is used for our internet connection and a Meraki firewall is used for granting access. You work together with your international IT colleagues to support Cordaid.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities ICT tools and hardware
- Support and train colleagues in working with Office 365 applications and cloud based working; Recommend approved specification and assist as required in the procurement of computers, printers and other ICT parts or accessories as needed;
- Ensure that the ICT Users remains guided to the Cordaid ICT Procurement Policy for Equipment and Services; Maintain the ICT inventory register and asset movement and verify that all ICT assets are registered in the assets register and have asset numbers;
- Configure, manage and maintain all Cordaid ICT Tools (laptops, printers and accessories) to meet the Cordaid standards and performance;
- Proactively assess the ICT tools performance and standards by attending to the hardware servicing and ensure repairs for the hardware is provided within a reasonable time.
- Manage and maintain the Cordaid Ethiopia internal office network and server;
- As instructed by the Data Expert support on issues related to the DHIS2;
- Maintain the best possible internet connection by managing the Meraki firewall;
- Perform proactive maintenance and reconfiguration of the IT system, including software and security updates on a regular basis; Improve network and computer security measures
Software Installation and database management
- Assure the active use of software and ICT equipment by staff according to the guidelines;
- Conduct systems audit to ensure data & information security;
- Verify the applications audit trail and review the user’s level and activities. Ensure that the user matrix and levels of access are approved by the Country Director.
- Ensure that staff is saving their files in the appropriate cloud systems (OneDrive and SharePoint);
- Conduct / support the training staff use of the data management systems this including strengthening the quality of data collection and reporting by health facilities. Supervise the implementation of data management at all levels and the proper integration at the Cordaid office in Addis Ababa
Support and Training
- Contribute to team effort by attending and accomplishing ICT related enquiries and results and provide helpdesk and troubleshooting assistance to staff at Addis and in the field;
- Assist the Data Manager with IT expertise in the implementation of data management;
- Conduct training for staff in the use of hardware, software, Office365, SharePoint and internet. Ensure that the software and hardware efficiency is up to standard;
- Ensure to dissemination relevant ICT documents, standard policies and updates from the GO
Information system security
- Work together with ICT of Global Office to ensure that all systems are protected and are set by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources;
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities and report violations by employees;
- Determine security violations and incidences by conducting periodic audits checks;
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls;
- Maintaining the Meraki firewall and check for mis-use of internet facilities at the office
Job Requirements Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology /or Information Science /or Computer Science and/or any other related qualification;
- At least 3 years working experience;
- Diplomatic, culturally sensitive, result-oriented, innovative and a strong team player;
- At least 2 years of working experience with Microsoft Office 365 including SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft Teams. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Dynamics AX would be a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of Window Server 2016 DHIS2, Microsoft, Meraki, Cisco Networking and v- sat connections;
- Knowledge on ITIL procedures;
- Ability to deal confidently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; knowledge of local languages preferred;
- Strong analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills;
- Willingness to travel frequently to field location with very basic facilities;
- Must be highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods
- Has Integrity
- Results Orientated
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Excellent organizational development skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Has a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Has the ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Good organization skills and able to meet deadlines whilst being under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected]. The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest to join us. Please visit our website to learn more about our interventions in Ethiopia