Closing Date: 12-March-23
Employment Type: Regular – Fixed term
Salary: As per the organization scale
Reference number: Rec/002/23
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
The Jimma Verification Officer (VO) is part of the verification team consisting of other Verification officer. S/he works in direct collaboration with and under the responsibility of the PBF Programme Coordinator in Jimma, to whom s/he reports directly.
The Jimma Verification Officer (VO) conducts monthly verifications of the under PBF contracted Jimma Zone Health Facilities in order to verify declared monthly HMIS data; as well as gives support to contracted Community Based Organizations (CBO) in conducting quarterly verifications of the Health Facilities registers attendance and client satisfaction surveys (perceived quality of care).
Responsibilities and Accountability Business plan & Contracting
- Assist the contracted Health Facilities (HF) in the development of their Business Plans (BP) and signing of these BPs.
- Facilitate the timely signing of HFs, Woreda Health Offices (WHO), Jimma Zonal Health Department (ZHD) and CBO contracts with Cordaid Jimma Office operating as the Purchasing Agency.
- Facilitate regular BP reviews and timely submission to Cordaid Jimma office.
- Conduct monthly quantity verification visits to each health facility contracted by the Cordaid Jimma Office and verify the declared monthly quantity data from the DHIS-II (facility registers) and compile verification reports.
- Ensure that quantity verifications of contracted HFs are conducted according to the agreed guidelines in the Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
- Enter the declared and verified PBF-data of the contracted facilities and actors into the PBF data base system.
- Provide feedback to the contracted HF’s on observations and gaps noted during monthly quantity verifications.
- Provide feedback to the PBF Programme Coordinator on observations and gaps noted during the monthly quantity verifications.
- Collect random samples from the health facility registers and provide client relevant information
- Verify the quarterly client satisfaction questionnaires of the contracted CBOs for completeness and accuracy of data.
- Ensure that the quarterly quality supervisions of the HFs are conducted by the WHO (for the contracted Health Centres) and the Jimma ZHD (for the contracted Hospitals) according to the timelines in the signed contracts.
- Ensure that client satisfaction surveys are conducted by the contracted CBO’s according to the PIM and the agreed guidelines and deadlines.
- Where needed participate in the quarterly quality supervision of the contracted HFs by the WHO and the Jimma ZHD.
- Coordinate the timely preparation of quality and quantity verification reports and invoices according to the PIM and set deadlines.
- Timely submit quarterly quality scores of the supervision reports of the WHOs and the Jimma ZHD, including CBO quality scores, to the Team Leader and correctly enter into the PBF data system.
- Monitor the use of the PBF-subsidies in the contracted HFs and submit quarterly subsidy use reports to the Team Leader.
- Make a quarterly analysis of the contracted HFs performance and classify the HF accordingly.
- Quarterly assess the performance of the contracted Woreda Health Offices (WHOs) and Jimma Zonal Health Department (ZHD) based on their score cards (see PIM).
Trainings and Technical Assistant (TA)
- Train the newly contracted Jimma Zone HFs, CBOs, WHOs and ZHD in PBF as formulated in the PIM of the PBF project.
- During project implementation: identify on the training needs and attend to capacity building needs of the contracted parties and provide recommendations to the PBF Programme Coordinator.
- Identify and make recommendations to overcoming obstacles and challenges encountered during the whole implementation of the PBF-project.
- Coach the HFs on how to use PBF subsidies effectively to realise the results formulated in their BPs.
- Coach the contracted HF on how to manage their documentation, on how to reduce errors in their reports and how to improve their HMIS.
- Participate in facilitating PBF trainings at regional, zonal and district level.
- Ensure quality production of training reports according to agreed deadlines.
- Represent the Cordaid Jimma office, establishing and maintaining good relations with key stakeholders in the targeted districts of the Jimma Zone.
- Attend at least one Jimma Zonal Health Department meeting per month.
- Communicate timely of any planned coordination meetings at zonal/woreda level where Cordaid Jimma office should be represented.
- Plan and coordinate the activities of the contracted CBOs and Health Centre/Hospital Committees and monitor HCC functionality
- Monitor the use of subsidies of the contracted HF’s on a monthly basis and compile quarterly
- Monitor if the contracted HFs are in line with their BPs and follow financial procedures. If not, report discrepancies to the WHO and/or the ZHD.
- Monitor if all documents (HF’s indicator reports and invoices) are sent and prepared on time,
- Compile monthly HF reports, quarterly quality verification reports, quarterly CBO verification reports and the quarterly HFs, CBOs, WHO and ZHD invoices for timely payment by the Fund holder (Cordaid Addis Ababa office).
- Submit quarterly progress reports and weekly updates to the PBF Programme Coordinator.
- Ensure that proper PBF files of all contracted parties are maintained.
- Oversee the submission of the monthly returns of the logistics, finance and administrative activities to the PBF Programme Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences
- Public health background with a degree in Nursing, Health Promotion or Public Health and at least 5 years working experience in the health sector.
- One year working experience with the Ministry of Health (at district, zonal or regional level) is an advantage.
- Independent, dynamic and capable of organizing his/her work, while having the ability to work accurately.
- Good networking and social skills.
- Good command of the Oromiffa and English language.
- Good experience with relevant computer software packages.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and present data. Good report writing skills.
- Able to ride and in the possession of an (Ethiopian) motorbike license.
- Willing to do field visits and to frequently travel long distances in the Jimma Zone on a motorbike.
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning & Organization
- Problem solving
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected] The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.