Closing Date: 18-October-2023
Employment Type: Regular – Fixed term
Salary: As per the organization scale
Reference number: Rec/013/23
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
The PBF education verification officer will verify the quantity of services delivered in schools at the end of each month in accordance to the PBF education quantity verification tools. The verification officer will also support the zonal and woreda education bureau in conducting quality of education provided at contracted schools and woreda using the PBF education quality checklist.
Business/Improvement plan & Contracting
- Assist the contracted Schools in the development of their Business/Improvement Plans (BP) and signing of these BPs.
- Facilitate the timely signing of BPs and contracts by schools, Woreda Education Offices, Jimma Zonal Education Department and CBO contracts with Cordaid Jimma Office operating as the Purchasing Agency.
- Facilitate regular BP reviews and timely submission to Cordaid Jimma office
- Conduct monthly quantity verification visits to each school contracted by the Cordaid Jimma
- Office and verify the declared monthly quantity data and compile verification reports.
- Ensure that quantity verifications of contracted schools are conducted according to the agreed guidelines in the Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
- Enter the declared and verified PBF-data of the contracted schools and actors into the PBF data base system.
- Provide feedback to the contracted schools on observations and gaps noted during monthly quantity verifications.
- Provide feedback to the PBF Education Specialist on observations and gaps noted during the monthly quantity verifications.
- Collect random samples from the school registers and provide student and parent/guardian relevant information for quarterly the client satisfaction surveys to be done by the contracted CBO’s.
- Verify the quarterly client satisfaction questionnaires of the contracted CBOs for completeness and accuracy of data.
- Ensure that the quarterly quality supervisions of the schools are conducted by the Woreda Education Office (for the contracted schools) and the Jimma education office (for the contracted woreda) according to the timelines in the signed contracts.
- Ensure that client satisfaction surveys are conducted by the contracted CBO’s according to the PIM and the agreed guidelines and deadlines.
- Where needed participate in the quarterly quality supervision of the contracted schools by the Woreda Education Office and the Jimma education office.
- Coordinate the timely preparation of quality and quantity verification reports and invoices according to the PIM and set deadlines.
- Timely submit quarterly quality scores of the supervision reports of the Woreda Education Office and the Jimma education office, including CBO quality scores, to the PBF Education Specialist and correctly enter the PBF data system.
- Monitor the use of the PBF-subsidies in the contracted schools and submit quarterly subsidy use reports to the PBF Education Specialist.
- Make a quarterly analysis of the contracted school performance and classify the schools accordingly.
- Quarterly assess the performance of the contracted Woreda Education Office and the Jimma education office based on their score cards.
Trainings and Technical Assistant (TA)
- Train the newly contracted Jimma Zone schools, CBOs, Woreda Education Office and the Jimma education office in PBF as formulated in the PIM of the PBF project.
- During project implementation: identify on the training needs and attend to capacity building needs of the contracted parties and provide recommendations to the PBF Programme Coordinator.
- Identify and make recommendations to overcoming obstacles and challenges encountered during the whole implementation of the PBF-project.
- Coach the schools on how to use PBF subsidies effectively to realize the results formulated in their BPs.
- Coach the contracted schools on how to manage their documentation, on how to reduce errors in their reports and how to improve their information system.
- Participate in facilitating PBF trainings at regional, zonal and district level.
- Ensure quality production of training reports according to agreed deadlines.
- Represent the Cordaid Jimma office, establishing and maintaining good relations with key stakeholders in the targeted districts of the Jimma Zone.
- Attend at least one Jimma Zonal Education Department meeting per month.
- Communicate timely of any planned coordination meetings at zonal/woreda level where Cordaid Jimma office should be represented.
- Plan and coordinate the activities of the contracted CBOs and school development committees and monitor their functionality.
- Monitor the use of subsidies of the contracted schools on a monthly basis and compile quarterly use of subsidies report and submit it to the PBF education specialist.
- Monitor if the contracted HFs are in line with their BPs and follow financial procedures. If not, report discrepancies to the WHO and/or the ZHD.
- Monitor if all documents (HF’s indicator reports and invoices) are sent and prepared on time, enabling timely verifications and subsidy-payments.
- Compile monthly school reports, quarterly quality verification reports, quarterly CBO verification reports and the quarterly school, CBOs, woreda and zonal invoices for timely payment by the Fund holder (Cordaid Addis Ababa office).
- Submit quarterly progress reports and weekly updates to the PBF Programme Coordinator.
- Ensure that proper PBF files of all contracted parties are maintained.
- Oversee the submission of the monthly returns of the logistics, finance, and administrative activities to the PBF Programme Coordinator.
Job Requirements Qualifications
1. Degree in education and other education fields including in pedagogy, curriculum and instruction, social work, sociology, child protection, educational planning and administration.
- Minimum five years’ relevant field experience in education systems
- Understanding of the Ethiopian education cluster coordination
- Understanding/experience of the education sector in Ethiopia
- Some knowledge and experience in PBF is an added advantage
- Excellent supervisory and project/people management skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in fluent English are essential. Proficiency in Amharic and other local languages are an advantage.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected]. The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest to join us. Please visit our website to learn more about our interventions in Ethiopia