Closing Date: 4-January-23 Location: Addis Ababa
Employment Type: Regular – Fixed term
Salary: As per the organization scale
Reference number: Rec/103/22
Job Opportunity (External)
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
Purpose of the position/Job’s aim
The Receptionist &Admin Assistant will be responsible for handling all reception and Admin activities of the Head office of Cordaid Ethiopia in Addis Ababa.
Responsibilities and Accountability Reception
- Manage the reception, greeting visitors and guiding them as needed.
- Manage calls to the office. manage all incoming and outgoing letters and memos register date and time and route to the concerned manager
- Maintain an up to-date list of internal telephone lines /extensions and telephone tree.
- Ensure that the reception area/office is neat and clean
- Carry out photocopying, binding and scanning.
- Maintain an organize filling system and filling of documents (letters, email).
- Arrange appointments & meetings as requested by staff.
- Manage booking of meeting rooms arrange for refreshments as needed; and,
- Perform secretarial duties, like minute taking during meetings and calls.
- Facilitate Fight and hotel bookings for staff and visitors
- Maintain office diary with staff information on field trips and training, etc.
- Booking venues for trainings and workshops
- Facilitating payments for services rendered
Country director support
- Support the country Director in booking of appointments, and provide any other support as requested by the country Director.
- Inviting applicants for written exams and oral interviews
- Exam facilitation
- Onboarding/ induction and policy signing facilitation
- Attend to other duties as directed and instructed by the line managers
Requirements Education, Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Management or related field
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience preferably in an NGO environment
- Maintain Integrity
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational development skills, communication and negotiating skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- General management/administration skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office application and e-mail
- Good orientation to detail
- Highly organized, keen to learn and adapt
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected] The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest to join us. Please visit our website to learn more about our interventions in Ethiopia