Closing Date: November 22, 2022
Location: Bahirdar, Amhara
Employment Type: Regular – Fixed term
Salary: As per the organization scale
Reference number: Rec/090/22
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
The costing data collection research assistant will work under the Cordaid PBF program supporting the end of program evaluation team with cost data collection. The position is short term covering only the data collection period. Cordaid reserves the right to cancel the vacancy or not hire anyone for this position.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working in close consultation with clinic staff and administrators to quantify resources used to provide maternal services (ANC, Delivery and PNC) under standard expenditure categories (e.g., personnel, capital goods, drugs, etc.);
- Gathering expenditure data from various sources (e.g., administrative records, facility budget and expenditure, etc.);
- Identifying other information sources when cost data is not available (e.g., donated items);
- Gathering patient expenses at each clinic through patient interviews.
- Coordinate and conduct the Time & Motion exercise at selected clinics.
- Assuring accuracy of data entry and resolving discrepancies in data in consultation with the research supervisor and PBF program team;
- Collecting monthly patient data (e.g. number of mothers who attended ANC, etc.) at each clinic.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or accounting. A qualification is health economics is an added advantage.
- Knowledge on health indicators and terms used in health.
- Ability to monitor, gather and evaluate information of broad scope and complexity.
- Ability to operate in English language: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Ability to operate in local language Amharic: reading, writing, speaking andlistening
- Electronic/Paper-based collected data;
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected]. The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications submitted cannot be returned.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.