Closing Date: 12-November-22
Location: Borena, Oromia
Employment Type: Regular – Fixed term
Salary: As per the organization scale
Reference number: Rec/082/22
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
The Data management research assistant will work under the Cordaid PBF program supporting the end of program evaluation team with setting up and managing electronic data collection and entry. The position is short-term covering only the data collection period. Cordaid reserves the right to cancel the vacancy or not hire anyone for this position.
Responsibilities and Accountability
- Uploading data collection tools onto android phones
- Training the evaluation teams in the use of android phones
- Technical support for field teams. Trouble shooting in case of technical challenges
- Data entry and cleaning
- Perform any other duties assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, Information Systems or computing
- Knowledge and experience of working with mobile phone applications in data collection and savers: ODK/Kobo Toolbox
- Data management skills and Data translation into statistical packages
- Data analytical skills
- Electronic Data in ODK;
- CSV or Text data that can be uploaded into data analysis softwares: R, Stata, SPSS
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected] The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications submitted cannot be returned.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.