Closing Date: 12-November-22
Location: Borena, Oromia
Employment Type: Regular – Fixed term
Salary: As per the organization scale
Reference number: Rec/091/22
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
The research supervisor will work under the Cordaid PBF program supporting the mid-term evaluation data collection activities. The position is short term covering only the data collection period. Cordaid reserves the right to cancel the vacancy or not hire anyone for this position.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily oversight of the evaluation team in the field
- Supervision of data collection teams
- Quality assurance
- Conducting quality of care assessments
- Daily de-briefs with evaluation team and PBF Data Expert
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Masters in public health or Medical qualification.
- Qualification in M&E is an added advantage.
- Experience with Research/Evaluation within Ethiopia
- PBF working knowledge
- Ability to operate in English language: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Ability to operate in local language (Afan Oromo or Amharic): reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Experience in supervision of research assistants
- Daily data collection updates (notes);
- Fieldwork report at the end of data collection
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected]. The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications submitted cannot be returned.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.