Argobba is an area where there are local conflicts due to lack of access to rangeland, farmland and water, which are aggravated by climate change. Conflict and related displacements diminish people’s capacity to cope with natural disaster risks. The conflict risk reduction and youth project works to enhance and link the capacities of local communities, governments and other actors to conduct conflict risk analysis and plan conflict risk reduction measures.
Conflict Risk Reduction and Youth
- City / Region
- Argobba/Amhara Region
- Cordaid International
- Project Duration
- 01/06/2020 – 30/09/2021
- Thematic Area
- Peace, Security and Justice
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Enhance capacity of local civil society organisations and local government staff to use the
conflict risk analysis tool and the conflict risk reduction process.
- Enable communities to implement conflict risk reduction measures, linking with resilience
- Document best practices & lessons learned, for knowledge management & learning, advocacy