Ethiopia is a developing country with dynamic and ongoing problems such as climate-related shocks, land degradation, unemployment, inadequate agricultural diversification, and a lack of robust and long-lasting social support systems. Resilience cannot be solely understood in terms of conventional agriculture, disaster risk reduction, or fundamental social services provided at the local level.
RESET Plus Innovation Fund
- Implementation Area
- Afar Region, Amhara Region, Oromia Region, Somali Region and SNNP Region
- European Commision – EuropeanAid
- Thematic Area
- Food and Income
- Project Start Date – End Date
- Novemebr 30, 2019 – November 15, 2023
- Action Against Hunger Ethiopia, Caritas Switzerland, CIFA Ethiopia, COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, HEKS Swiss Church Aid, VSF Suisse, SOS Sahel, Oxfam Novib, CST Ethiopia, Helvetas Ethiopia, International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Oromia Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union, Terepeza Development Associations
The RESET Plus Innovation Fund is sponsored by the European Union and carried out by Cordaid. The fund supports social entrepreneurs in bringing inventions to life that enhance the resilience and livelihoods of 20,000 vulnerable people, with women making up 50% of the beneficiaries. In collaboration with public and commercial stakeholders, actions are anticipated to have an impact on current systems by introducing and adopting new and relevant techniques, approaches, technologies, and practices.
People That We Work With
The project targeted 20,000 vulnerable people and smallholder farmers.
To promote sustainable lives and increase the resilience of disadvantaged communities by taking creative measures that could have an impact on current systems.
This Innovation Magazine is prepared as part of the documentation activities under the RESET Plus Innovation Fund programme, financed by the European Union Delegation to Ethiopia and implemented by Cordaid Ethiopia, in cooperation with Fair & Sustainable Ethiopia.
See this project results in the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) Registry HERE